Thursday, February 08, 2007

What I want for my birthday

As a newly minted senior citizen, here's what I want for my birthday:

I want my whole family to get together in the presence of a tape recorder and maybe a video camera. I want them to bring their earliest memories of family and share them with the rest of us, either orally or in writing. I want us to talk about these memories and add more memories that we recovered as we listened to the other people's memories.

I will put the whole thing together in some sort of multimedia family history and share it with the rest of the family.

I want to do this now, while I still remember a portion of our early years. I've already forgotten so much!
Here we are squinting in the sun after church, circa 1958. I'm the one that looks like the town librarian, while my baby sister is the one perfecting her come-hither look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home