Saturday, August 27, 2005

John Conyers in Petaluma!

Amazingly, John Conyers came all the way to Petaluma to attend a fundraiser for Lynn Woolsey. He is a wonderfully unprepossessing, accessible guy, and after his talk he wandered through the crowd, answering questions and eating barbecued Petaluma chicken.

I was there to collect signatures for Clean Money, of course, and got lots of interest and support, though some of the official Democrats were a little weird. I met three candidates for Joe Nation's assembly seat there, two of whom are friends of mine and both eager for my vote. It's kind of uncomfortable. I wish they'd all get together and decide who's going to run; because otherwise the well-heeled Republican-in-disguise is going to win when all the progressives take votes from each other.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/05, 12:03 AM, Blogger steve said...

I wish I could have been there. I wish I could do everything. Alas, I can only be in one place at a time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home